Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dexter Lukas Hudson


Dexter is here and we are loving every minute of it!
Daixa and Kora are the best big sisters. They love holding Dex, feeding him, and even help with the diaper changes.



Dexter was 5 lbs 15 ozs, and 19.5 inches long. He was the smallest of the three and the shortest labor. I was only in labor 5 hours as compared to 14 with Daixa and 11 with Kora.
At my 37 week appointment, my Dr. said I was not measuring big enough for my date and scheduled an ultrasound to find out if everything was okay. Dexter was healthy, just small. The ultrasound doctor wanted to talk with my doctor about delivering because of my blood condition (I have low plateletts when I'm preggo) and Dexter's small size. My doctor wanted me to go that night, but we convinced her we were not ready and scheduled an induction for Wednesday. We arrived at the hospital at 5am, broke my water and started on petocin by 7:30am. I go natural, so I made sure the nurse knew I wanted to do a lot of walking around. I was more comfortable the third time around, and I think that is why labor went so well. My nurse was amazing, too. She had a sense of humor like mine and I felt really comfortable with her.


Dexter is now a whole week old! I feel like the recovery has been much faster with him, and everyone has been such an enormous help to us.

4 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

He is so adorable. I love how tiny he is. What a cute little peanut. Sorry, I just realized I spelled Lukas wrong on the shower invites. I put a "C" instead of a "K". I love the picture of him in his carseat. What an angel! Congrats!

The Wessman Family said...

I am so happy for you guys! He is darling! We are still waiting for our little guy, but we'll be induced within the next few days if he doesn't come on his own!

Welcome to the world, Dexter!!!

Gatherum Family said...

He is a cutie!!! I am so excited for you guys-I have been waiting to see when you would post so I would know if he had arrived. Congrats from Matt and I.

Bonny said...

Oh Alyssa he's a little peanut! So tiny. That's funny I just noticed Alicia said that too. I didn't know you were having any problems. You are so happy and positive (unlike me-I complain.) Anyway, I'm happy that he's here and that you are doing well. You are amazing. But let me know if I could help out in some way. I'm not great at offering. Sorry!